Tim McDonald at My Community Manager wrote:
Link Building Tips For Community Managers
After reading a post from Sean McGinnis this week (Link Building Techniques That Work), two things made us think of community managers: 1) community managers involved in developing content for their site or are involved with SEO, should know about these; and 2) many link building practices sound like what community managers do every day.
Here’s what will be talking about:
1) What is link building and why is it so important?
2) You say “write epic shit” What exactly makes writing epic?
3) What are best practices for guest blogging?
4) How can events be used for link building?
5) What are some other top tips for link building?
Join us this week as Jonathan Brewer and Tim McDonald will be Hosting the Hangout and brandie mccallum (and hopefully Sherrie Rohde too!) will being moderating the Twitter chat #cmgrhangout
Don’t forget to confirm you are attending and be on the lookout for a G+ notification about 1:55pm is you want to join the hangout.
Want to participate on Twitter? Watch the YouTube video here (to be posted) and use #cmgrhangout when tweeting.
Original: Link Building For Community Managers